Enterprise Transformation Consultant-28754
Xcel Energy, Inc.
Location: United States, Colorado, Denver
End of contest: May 23, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
We have an opportunity for an Enterprise Transformation Consultant in Denver or Minneapolis.
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of program, project and work effort delivery to meet business objectives on-time, on budget, within scope and quality standards. Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of multiple, cross-functional program and project initiatives. Responsible to plan, manage, coordinate, implement and deliver business-driven solutions in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Accountable for resolution of escalated work effort, project, program and cross-project/program issues and risks. Supports Enterprise Transformation Office in directing resources to ensure successful services delivery. Consults with key personnel and project sponsors to support creation of overall project plan, including business, financial, and technical elements.
- Project Planning - Primarily handles the project planning effort, including the definition of the deliverables and the required delivery dates, creation of a logical work breakdown structure, definition of major project milestones, accumulation of all project cost and benefit estimates. Comply with I/T strategy, policy and standards, business strategy and standards and other business and technical projects/efforts. Ensures existing processes, policies and procedures are followed. Assists with all aspects of a project.
- Project Delivery/Daily Management/Controls - Functions as a project controller. Prepares and produces project management reports, timelines, budgets, and documentation. Develops the project financials including budgeting, forecasting, actuals tracking and calculating earned value metrics. Provides tracking for the overall program, includes creation of viable work plan resulting in the on time completion of the projects within the program. Identifies gaps in plans and assists in development of closure plans. Ensures the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a critical/complex environment.
- Project Risk - Identifies risks and issues and assists in creation of mitigation strategies.
- Program Customer Relationship Management - Develops and sustains effective relationships. Manages customer expectations regarding the program and continually drives improvements in customer program satisfaction. Drives resolution of customer (all levels) concerns quickly and effectively. Identifies areas in which improved communication is needed and partners with other areas as appropriate to implement those changes. Supports budget and ongoing planning processes with business areas.
- Technology/Business Need - Keep abreast of technology, industry and business trends to ensure that appropriate technologies are being considered in the project planning process that meet organizational requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience including experience managing complex or projects with large budgets.
- Understanding of core business processes, industry trends, technology developments and I/T environments.
- Ability to prioritize projects and plan within the program while ensuring all relevant factors and issues have been considered and resolved.
- Ability to participate in the development and design of a program strategy, as well as, implementation.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills required. Ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to understand changes in business process and technology.
- Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology preferred.
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States