We have a challenging role for a Safety Consultant in Minnesota!
In this role, you will primarily serve the Wilmarth and Red Wing Steam Plants, however, you may also be requested to assist with other departments within that business area. In each Region one or more of these positions will be responsible to administer the electric and gas public safety program.
- Provide technical safety consulting services to plants or areas within Xcel. Responsibilities include recognition, evaluation and recommendations for minimizing employee injuries/illnesses through hazard identification, accident investigation, audits, ergonomic assessments and review of accident history.
- Provide inspections, observations and feedback to any location on any safety related topic, issue, concern, problem or recommendation. Will function as a consultant to local safety committees, employees and management. Will assist in program development and direction and be responsible to audit the results. Provide input for safety compliance training programs and training needs.
- Partner with business area management to ensure safety regulatory requirements are understood and program compliance is being achieved for such processes as audits, accident investigations, right-to-know training, confined space training, ergonomics, safety meetings and safety committee meetings.
- Develop safety programs and policies through the Safety Manual, safety news, other safety related manuals, reports and videos.
- Maintain professional expertise. Attend professional development conferences/seminars and maintain professional certifications. Participate on internal or external task force committees related to new regulatory compliance or continuous improvement in safety. Maintains a working knowledge of current safety regulations and serves as a resource to management and employees on interpretation and compliance.
- This position will primarily serve a plant(s) or area(s), however, they may also be requested to assist with other departments within that business area.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge (examples include but are not limited to 5 Years Journeyman Experience with 2 years safety program experience or Advanced Safety Certificate through National Safety Council, etc.).
- Minimum 3 - 5 years safety related experience.
- Recognized safety certification (CUSA, CSP, etc) preferred.
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States