Technical Instructor or Senior Technical Instructor-28779
Deliver technical training in the area of Instrumentaion and Controls (I&C). Provide other related technical training. Utilize the Systematic Approach to Training process (analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation) to develop and maintain training materials per the Training Process Procedures (TPP's). Design instruments and perform statistical analysis to quantitatively and qualitatively evaluate effectiveness (levels 1-5) on the health of training program. Conduct and assist with self-evaluations of training programs or other related activities. Position may require extended periods of time at the customer site. Be an active participant in the apprenticeship program.
- Implement ADDIE process to deliver training.
- Provide support to training process unique to Energy Supply training including customer contacts to represent all training services
- Meet continuing technical, in-plant and instructional requirements by adhering to Training Process Procedures.
- Fully utilize business processes including scorecard, and ADDIE process. Apply policy, and daily management.
- Consult with customer to identify business needs and objectives. Provide customer contact for all training services, products and programs.
- Using web based tools, revise online training material.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline (6 years experience in I&C may substitute for the degree)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of OSHA/safety and environmental practices and industry standards
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
Applicants with significant experience in the development and delivery of Technical Training programs following the Systematic Approach to Training (ADDIE) will be considered for the Senior level instructor.
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States