Project Manager I-28046
Xcel Energy, Inc.
Location: United States, Minnesota, Welch
End of contest: May 23, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant is looking for a Project Manager I to support the site. This key position provides project management support to the Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Services Organization. Major responsibilities include project planning and authorization, project scope, schedule and cost development, and interfacing with plant maintenance, engineering and construction forces.
- Considered a competent Project Manager, but requiring some guidance and support in complex aspects of functional assignments.
- Major responsibilities include project planning, project scope, schedule and cost development, and interfacing with plant maintenance and construction forces.
- Meets with system, program and design engineering, operations, maintenance and construction department personnel to develop project scope of work, schedule and cost estimates. Helps to establish contracts, monitors progress of work and budget, resolves conflicts and adjusts resources as required.
- Assists higher Project Management levels in work projects with assigned specific accountabilities and adjusts resources as required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills, with proven attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain positive working relations with both internal and external customers and contracts.
- Ability to manage different priorities and projects to meet critical deadlines.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels
- Three to 7 years of experience at a power plant project management, engineering, construction, planning or modification responsible engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university, equivalent combination of education and experience, or responsible engineer for 5 years at a nuclear power plant.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States