Business Systems Analyst (Job ID 20140109)
Organization : Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
Location: United States, Arizona, Phoenix
End of contest: April 27, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- With general direction provides support for business unit business systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems, system setup and maintenance, and data integrity audits.
- Researches, and analyzes routine to moderate business/operations problems related to systems utilized within the business unit. Interfaces with Information Services or vendor to resolve issues as necessary. Follows up with resolution of problems to ensure timely response and customer satisfaction.
- With general direction, participates in the analysis and recommendation, installation and maintenance of new and enhancement of existing systems. Ability to gather and write routine to moderate in scope business and functional requirements and identify future business system needs.
- Supports upgrades, patches and new implementations by performing testing, process and system documentation, and support user training and rollout efforts.
- Works within areas of responsibility on process improvement initiatives. Analyzes work process design, workflow and technology solutions to streamline, automate and improve work processes.
- With general direction, participates in the development of effective business cases using sound cost/benefit analysis.
- Maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in the development of standard reports for customers. Assists in the development and maintenance of standardized Business reporting protocol and ensures data integrity and consistency in all reporting aspects.
- Participates in project team assignments as a key team member. May coordinate activities within the functional business areas. Participates in business needs analysis, project scope definition, testing strategy, roll out and user acceptance.
- Assist in developing, validating, and execution of all levels of testing.
- Maintains documentation of system changes, business processes, guidelines and procedures, and tools and training aids needed to support business unit as defined.
- Supports application/system training to functional Super users and/or other employees. May monitor, and track business goals, activities, performance monitoring and issues for an assigned unit to keep management apprised of business unit activities.
- Actively seeks knowledge and understanding of business/technical environment, priorities, procedures and processes. Keeps apprised of current and emerging trends for business unit business systems.
- Conducts research, analyzes data, reports findings and assists in developing formal presentations.
- May manage security for all business systems including documentation of processes associated with security. Responsible for ensuring appropriate data security controls, process and system documentation.
- BS/BA equivalency or an equivalent combination of four years relevant business work experience and relevant college coursework in business, information technology or a related area.
- General knowledge and understanding of business unit business systems, basic knowledge of database design, structure, functions and processes and experience with database tools; typically obtained through two years progressively responsible experience.
- General understanding of business unit and operational knowledge including functions, procedures, processes, and computer systems.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and tie functional needs to technology solutions.
- Some project/team experience and ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to review data, identify issues, and see relationships and patterns
- Experience participating in projects and identifying and resolving issues is preferred.
- Proficient in PC applications including advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word.
- Basic knowledge of emerging practices and technologies used within the area.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good customer service, organizational, and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations.
- Some knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business unit business areas.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States