Designer (EIT), Mechanical (Job Code BD-2106)
MMM is currently seeking a Mechanical EIT to join our Buildings Division, located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Mechanical Manager, this position will be responsible for applying engineering knowledge on project work from conceptual design through to completion, on both new construction and re-model projects in the following areas: commercial, residential, hospitality, healthcare, institutional and light industrial buildings. This will include design of HVAC, plumbing, building controls, plant utilities, and fire protection systems. We will provide in house training to familiarize you with our quality system and standards.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Detailed drawing and specification production
- Field reviews
- Report writing
- Engineering calculations
- Familiarization with local codes
- Preparation of LEED Documentation
- Energy modeling and analysis using industry software such as eQuest or EE4
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical or Integrated Engineering, or in the process of completing final term
- Eligible for registration as an EIT
- Ability to work with a minimum of instructions and complete tasks independently
- Focus in HVAC and building engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Must possess a team player attitude
Qualifications Considered Assets:
- Familiarity with the LEED process and documentation
- Familiarity with the design, tender, construction process
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit MEP
- Familiarity with Energy modeling software
- Familiarity with ASHRAE, NFPA, and Local Building Codes
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.
MMM Group Ltd.
2655 North Sheridan Way, Suite 300