Manager, Financial Controls & Reporting-28912
Organization : Xcel Energy, Inc.
Location: United States, Minnesota, Minneapolis
End of contest: May 23, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Prepare, review and submit/distribute various external financial reports for on of Xcel Energy's utility subsidiaries to the SEC, FERC, ERISA/DOL, regulators, lenders, media, financial analysts, and shareholders. Ensures compliance with various reporting and accounting requirements for such reports. Responsible for all external financial reporting processes, including participation in the Disclosure Committee, and related subcommittees. Implement new processes as needed to support financial reports and related external audit requirements. Is a liaison with external auditors regarding external financial reporting processes.
- Maintain and update Sarbanes-Oxley documentation including risk assessment, control activities, significant business process documentation including process maps, and compliance activities for Xcel Energy and its subsidiaries who are SEC registrants. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of any automated tool used to support Xcel Energy's compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Plan and perform testing and assessments of controls as necessary to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Oversee communication of results of control assessments to various levels of management, including any deficiencies noted. When deficiencies or issues are noted, coordinate recommendations for control improvements, and facilitate agreement with the business process owners for those recommendations.
- Perform research on various accounting and financial issues to ensure financial reporting is in compliance with GAAP and any other financial reporting requirements. Research is performed in conjunction with both Corporate and Business Unit operations. Clearly communicate to those responsible for various transactions or projects, the appropriate accounting alternatives.
- Assess and develop the qualifications and proficiency of the department's employees through technical guidance, training programs, on-the-job coaching, and mentoring. Provide human resource management by being responsible for hiring/firing, salary change recommendations, employee discipline, performance review, career coaching and development, etc. Design and instruct in-house accounting and financial training for any areas of the Company who express an interest.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 6 years of progressively responsible public or private accounting experience.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated working knowledge of GAAP, SEC, FERC, DOL & ERSIA accounting, financial reporting requirements and regulations.
- Prior experience with Sarbanes Oxley and financial controls and processes required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex accounting and financial reporting issues, strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines with tight schedules.
- Ability to effectively use computer financial systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated planning, analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to work extended hours.
- MBA and/or CPA
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States