Coal and Ash Handler-28899
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Must have the mechanical ability and the physical dexterity to operate installed equipment, cleaning and handling AQCS, SCR, bag house, coal conveyors, and any other associated coal yard equipment, including forklift, front-end loader, skid loader, and vactor truck.
- Assist with lime handling; utilize all plant cleaning equipment including hydro lazing equipment, snow removal, grass cutting, and grounds keeping.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds safely and be qualified to wear a respirator.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must have the ability to intelligently communicate constructively with plant personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have successfully passed the Edison Electric Institute Power Plant Maintenance and Plant Operator selection exams or be a grandfathered employee
- Prefer post secondary technical training in a related area
- Must have valid driver's license
- Applicant is required to successfully pass the Xcel Energy screening requirements, which include a drug test, security clearance and other exams that are required by federal regulations, such as OSHA and DOT, will be performed
- Physical Requirements
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds safely
- Work in inclement weather
- Must be qualified to wear a respirator
- Will be required to perform duties when necessary from scaffolds and catwalks in high and confined spaces
- Must be able to work overtime and various shifts as required
Immediately upon the deadline date of May 2, 2014 at 5:00 pm remove from the bulletin board and return to Renee Wooster, via fax 612-329-2900. Return all originals, even if there are no signers.
The rate of pay for this classification is listed in the Exhibit A Wage Schedule, $19.88 an hour. Bargaining employees may apply for this position.
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
Minnesota United States