Superintendent Electrical & Instrumentation
Job Reporting: This position reports to the Director General - Project and Construction. We will also consider Engineers with more experience for this role.
Overseeing in the field work all E&I Systems & Substations construction to successful completion of the mining concentrator, The superintendent E&I is the steward for safety, quality, and schedule achievement and he will works closely with all the CMT disciplines relative to the reporting requirements as per the Director General - Project and Construction's direction.
- Provide Leadership in HSE, and actively participate in all Incident reviews, as required.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing EPC schedules.
- Responsible for participating in risk and value management in regards to cost and schedule control.
- Responsible for analyzing outcomes for change management and the appropriate follow thru to completion.
- Developing and reporting daily shift accomplishments to construction manager; monitor the
- work habits and behaviors of the E&I construction contractor's field personnel ;
- Responsible for assisting in establishing the TSMC requirements as it pertains to the contractors' execution plan.
- Assist in solving problems to expedite the work and finding opportunities for execution Improvements in E&I and other common construction management duties as required.
- University degree in a related discipline would be preferred
- Member in good standing of the an Canadian Engineering Association (NL preferred or eligible)
- Several years of experience in a managerial function related to E&I project preferably at a strategic level
- Excellent communications skills