Electrical Engineer - Ship construction
Tundra Technical Solutions
Location: Canada, Quebec, Quebec City
End of contest: May 23, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
- Plan and lead projects, and prepare materials, cost and time estimates, reports and design specifications concerning electrical systems;
- Monitor and inspect the set-up, modification and entry into service of electrical installations on the vessels or in fabrication shops;
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers in order to review and approve drawings, calculations and cost estimates;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and standards (rules and regulations of the Classification Society, IMO, Transport Canada);
- Communicate with production line, during the processing stage, in order to identify adjustments or modifications to be made on cutting and assembly plan;
- Use drawing software; perform intact stability and damage situation calculation, etc.
- Approve subcontractors' estimate and coordinate work with them;
- Host meetings with subcontractors.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or any other domain deemed relevant;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience of working in a shipyard, mandatory ;
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Classification Society and Transport Canada, an asset;
- Be organised, meet the deadlines and able to work under pressure;
- Enjoy teamwork;
- Knowledge of MS office.