Utility Worker - GC (Job Req 51894240-E01)
Location: United States, California, Rocklin
End of contest: May 30, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
We are looking for an energetic and career oriented individual to join our Energy Delivery, M&C Gas General Construction Team. The Utility Worker position is an entry level position with advancement opportunities for motivated individuals who perform successfully. Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours; travel/transfer to new headquarter upon request at any time, and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment. This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E and is subject to collective bargaining. In addition, it is a Department of Transportation covered classification and is subject to random drug screening.
- Must work safely at all times as defined by PG&E's safety standards and procedures.
- Hand excavate in an ergonomically safe manner.
- Load and unload equipment, material, job site debris and maintain housekeeping according to PG&E's safety standards and procedures.
- Perform construction and maintenance on gas lines and underground electric infrastructure.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Follow the direction of their journeyman, crew lead and/or supervisor at all times
- Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and procedures.
- Must work in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain a Class A Driver's License within 12 months.
- Must be able to pass Post Offer Physical Assessment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) and Work Orientation Inventory (WOI) exams prior to interviewing.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 90 pounds.
- Must pass Utility Worker Training course, which takes place for approx. 8 business days, during the first three weeks of employment.
- Ability to work Monday-Thursday, 07:00 to 5:30, and work extended hours to include nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Ability to present a valid CA Driver's License on first day of employment.
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees on how long you will be assigned away from your base headquarters.
- Previous experience in construction such as Underground Utility, Trenching Equipment, Welding, Carpentry, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Farm Ranch Hand and/or Landscaping.
- Current Class A Driver's License at time of application.
- Previous Military experience
- Graduation from a PowerPathway® Program is preferred.
- To better represent the communities we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the Rocklin headquarters will be given preference.
- Current or past work experience with PG&E and/or Hiring Hall.