Business Analyst, Principal (Job Req 51905794-E01)
Organization : PG&E
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
End of contest: May 30, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
Supervision and Leadership:
Supervision and Leadership:
- Contribute to a working environment that fosters engagement, continuous learning, innovation, open honest communication, critical thinking, creative problem solving, efficiency, accountability, collegiality and safety.
- Prioritize, plan and report progress on assigned tasks, play an active roles in the G&A team's daily work and assist the G&A Manager in long-term resource and strategic planning.
- Drive understanding of utility business model within G&A team.
- Independently conceive of value-adding improvements to team or Business Finance-wide processes. Develop plans and direct improvement initiatives, and effectively communicate results to leadership.
- Attend professional development, training seminars, and leadership meetings on a regular basis.
- Provides advice and counsel to Business Finance leadership team, as needed.
- Regularly attend and actively engage in client staff and strategic planning meetings. Brief team on client initiatives.
- Identify and address internal and client training needs
Regulatory & Business Strategy Development:
- Partner with various Electric Operations and Strategic Business Management teams to prepare recommendations on program plans, future funding requirements, operating forecasts, and other financial matters.
- Independently conceive of value-adding business analyses and initiatives for the client organization. Develop and direct the analyses /initiatives, and effectively communicate results to leadership
- Provide financial support for select regulatory proceedings and assist in financial planning for operational responses to CPUC decisions.
- Understand and effectively communicate to the team and the client the financial implications of regulatory decisions, guidelines, policies, procedures, and other related matters.
- Develop dynamic models that help to project the impact of various regulatory scenarios and strategic initiatives.
Financial Planning & Management
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the following major financial management endeavors:
- Five Year Operating Plan, Quarterly Business Reviews, Monthly Financial Reporting, and Year-end Planning for Balancing Accounts and Earnings Impacted Funding Sources.
- Understand utility accounting fundamentals and the PG&E cost model and effectively communicate concepts to team and client.
- Substantiate and analyze monthly financial reporting package including: budget vs. actuals reporting, variance explanations, headcount reporting, forecasting, and ECS reporting.
- Provide expert financial analysis and advice in a clear and effective manner.
- Lead the development and production of standard and ad hoc reports and analytical tools to ensure accurate and consistent representation of financial and operational performance.
- Advise and coordinate the development and implementation of robust financial governance processes across key stakeholders groups.
Performance Management and Measurement:
- Identify inefficiencies in internal processes and implement improvements by directing internal and leading Electric Business Finance improvement initiatives and measuring yield on improvements
- Advise internal and client leadership on operational performance management and measurement including benchmarking, creating tools and measuring performance.
- Assist Business Finance in monitoring and reporting performance initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, finance, accounting or related discipline.
- Typically 8+ years of job related experience
- Master's degree in Finance, Engineering Economics, Business, or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years working with financial modeling or forecasting
- Experience working with Executive-level Management
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, SAP BW
- Ability to execute tactically as well as depict the whole idea / analysis strategically for leadership teams (Vice Presidents, Sr. Directors, Directors and peers)