Evaluator Sr (Job ID 20140272)
Provides technical and administrative expertise as well as leadership skills required to implement Nuclear Assurance evaluation activities. Perform audits/evaluations, inspections or special assignments as assigned. Provides technical guidance, interpretations and leadership within Nuclear Assurance as well as to line management. Promote a self-critical root cause culture across department lines and at all levels of management.
- Perform as an Auditor/Lead Auditor as assigned.
- Perform inspections in accordance with ANSI N45.2.6. (In support of evaluations and audits), as assigned.
- Perform ANSI N45.2.6 Level III responsibilities, other than inspections, as assigned.
- Provide leadership and perform evaluations to assess adequate programs are established, implemented and effective. Provide timely reporting of evaluation/verification results.
- May provide leadership and perform data analysis and trending to provide timely reports of analysis results.
- May provide timely analysis and recommended corrective actions as assigned.
- Provide leadership of multi-discipline investigations of plant events.
- Interface with station management up to, and including, officers of the company, to assess, categorize, and evaluate conditions reported on problem reporting documents. Ensure timely follow-up including evaluations of root cause and effectiveness of corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Nuclear Assurance Organization by providing technical/ administrative guidance and leadership both internally and with all levels of responsible line management up to, and including, officers of the company.
- BS degree from an accredited college or university, or previously licensed RO/SRO, and 8 years nuclear plant experience in a related discipline/field;
- or 2-year technical degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years nuclear plant experience in a related discipline/field;
- or high school/GED and 12 years nuclear plant experience in related discipline/field. Must qualify for security and radiological clearances.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (Corporate Headquarters)
400 North 5th Street
Arizona United States