Associate Mechanical Engineer - Extruder
Northern Lipids Inc.
Location: Canada, British Columbia, Burnaby
End of contest: May 30, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
The individual will contribute to the design of large-scale Extrusion Systems including drafting appropriate protocols and generating all supporting documentation for extrusion equipment. In addition, the individual will also provide support to the Formulation department, performing R&D work in collaboration with others for certain projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare design requirements and documentation based on customer requests
- Design and draft details and instructions for fabrication and quotations
- Work with fabricators and supplies to ensure parts will meet functional requirements
- Draft appropriate protocols and generate supporting documentation; incorporate into manuals and training documents
- Provide on-going technical support on the custom Extrusion Systems and for small and intermediate scale extruders when required.
- Generate quotations for custom large-scale Extrusion System and for small and intermediate scale extruders when required
- Assemble, verify and qualify the Extrusion System before shipment
- Perform miscellaneous R&D projects as assigned
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with some design experience
- Science background or related experience is preferred
- Demonstrated SolidWorks experience or other 3D design software
- A self-motivated and ingenious individual capable of learning new techniques quickly and skillfully
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, flexible and able to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and as well as an effective team member