Infrastructure Analyst/Engineer - Requisition Number: APC2003135
Alabama Power, a subsidiary of Southern Company, currently has a position open for a Computer or Electrical Engineer/Analyst for its Distribution Management Systems Department, located in the corporate headquarters in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. This position provides infrastructure support for a modern Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)/Distribution Management System (DMS). This position will be filled at a level dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
This position works with a team of Engineers and Analyst to provide hardware support, operating system installation , and network domain administration for a large scale operations control and information system.
This position provides: Microsoft Windows Domain and Active Directory administration (including group policy and power shell scripting); Microsoft Windows server and client setup and configuration; Uses Microsoft SCM to inventory and monitor application servers and clients. The position also performs system backups using Symantec BackupExec and NetBackup. Manages and supports Citrix XenApp farms. Provides client support for user base; this includes frontline diagnosis and problem resolution and provides management and support for computer room facilities. (Some travel involved).
Professional Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or related work experience
- Windows Server and Client Administration, installation and management.
- TCPIP Networking troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge/experience in managing and supporting Citrix applications preferred.
- Knowledge of current cyber security standards and tools preferred.
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement
- Works well both independently and with others
- Acts with speed and decisiveness
- Committed to ethical conduct
- Role model for Southern Style
- Lives and works safely
Equal Opportunity Employer
Alabama Power Company
600 N 18th St
Alabama United States