Maintenance Specialist (Electrical) - Plant Gorgas - Requisition Number: APC2003155
Alabama Power Company
Location: United States, Alabama, Parrish
End of contest: May 30, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
Functions as a subject matter expert in the Electrical maintenance field supporting Plant Gorgas. Will deliver one on one/classroom technical support and function as a written and skills subject matter expert for Plant Gorgas. Oversees the Electrical breaker, switchgear and motor maintenance programs, which includes identifying training resources, developing and implementing maintenance programs, etc. Lead in developing an overall electrical maintenance strategy and plan for the future. Performs the roles and responsibilities of a System Owner which includes: preparing and managing the system budget and tracking expenditures, determining equipment availability and conducting root cause analysis, developing and implementing a maintenance strategy, outage planning and project management, and system monitoring. This position also has on-call responsibilities to support the 24 hour operations of a fossil plant. This position works closely with SCS Construction and Project Engineers to develop detailed job scopes for O&M and Capital projects.
- Engineering degree from an ABET accredited institution preferred.
- Must possess extensive experience in the Operations and/or Maintenance of Electric Generating Plants or other similar heavy industrial facility - required.
- 5 years or more experience in an electrical related field - required.
- Project management experience - preferred.
- Budget experience, including tracking expenditures - preferred.
- Outage planning experience - preferred.
- Experience delivering classroom training and/or on-the-job training - preferred.
- Familiarity using multi-media/computer-based training resources is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of plant equipment, systems and operation in order to provide solutions to equipment problems that is cost effective and adequate to meet the intended needs.
- Ability to analyze critical situations; determine competent solutions with implementation in a safe and effective manner.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth experience performing Electrical maintenance work.
- Knowledge of power plants and plant systems.
- Knowledge of Electrical breakers, switchgear and motor maintenance.
- Ability to assess maintenance opportunities; collect relevant data; recommend/design cost effective solutions; build a plan of action and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to evaluate results, develop a follow-up plan and achieve closure of projects.
- Superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven coaching and counseling skills.
- Ability to work with people to achieve organizational objectives.
- Must possess effective written and oral communications skills, and exhibit Southern Style.
Alabama Power provides the valuable combination of competitive prices, reliable electricity supply and unparalleled service to 1.4 million homes, businesses and industries in the southern two-thirds of Alabama.
Visit our website at http://www.southerncompany.com/
Southern Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Alabama Power Company
600 N 18th St
Alabama United States