Plant Security Officer - Requisition Number: APC2003127
Provides security for personnel and property at the Miller Electric Generating Plant located in Quinton, AL.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Controls access to plant site.
- Monitors and operates electronic surveillance equipment.
- Administers and enforces policies and procedures.
- Maintains computer based security records.
- Monitors materials and equipment delivered to and removed from plant site.
- Provides armed security service for the plant site.
- Patrols property.
- Minimum 5 years law enforcement, military police or private/industrial security experience - Required
- Ability to use and maintain a firearm and pass a qualifying test - Required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic computer knowledge using Windows based systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and decision making skills.
- Ability to learn and enforce plant security policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain a pistol permit.
- Ability to pass an annual firearm qualification.
- Ability to direct and control traffic.
- Ability to prioritize and perform security work in the absence of direct supervision.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must posses a valid drivers license.
- Must pass background investigation, physical, drug and alcohol test, and pass any required psychological screening.
- Ability to complete all emergency response training this includes: 'Confined space rescue - includes training in tight, dark spaces, and repelling off high structures on rope while on SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Fire Brigade - dressing in full fireman's turn out gear and fighting live fires while on SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- Haz-Mat - dressing in a fully encapsulated suit while on SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus)
- First Responders - Basic first aid, CPR, and AED operation
- Demonstrate unquestionable trust, superior performance, and total commitment.
- Demonstrate success in an individual role and a team environment.
Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Alabama Power Company
600 N 18th St
Alabama United States