Brief Description of Duties
- This programmer position will provide application expertise and support for system applications/business functions.
- Work in a small team environment to develop, maintain, and support customer facing applications.
- Definition of customer requirements, estimation of time requirements and project cost, application design, coding, testing and implementation, project and user documentation.
- System maintenance to include participation in 24x7 on call maintenance for SOX compliant Customer Information Systems.
- Adherence to Information Technology policies and procedures specifically regarding change management and SDLC.
Education & Experience
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience developing and supporting Information Technology Applications.
Special Background, Experience
Must have demonstrated experience with the following technologies:
- Java, Oracle, SQL, Unix Scripting, Microsoft Office Suite tools
Preferred candidate will also have additional skills and experience with:
- Oracle Utility applications
- Oracle SOA Suite
- ETL tools - Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) preference
Other desirable skills and experience include:
- Oracle Business Intelligence reporting - OBIEE
- Job Scheduling Software
- HP ALM
- Load Runner
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience, computer-related preferred.
It is paramount that the candidate is motivated to learn and stay abreast of current technology and tools and to share knowledge with team members.
NOTE: At this time applications are not being accepted via regular mail, fax, or e-mail. We are only accepting applications through this Website.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Kansas City Power & Light, a Great Plains Energy subsidiary, you must use this online application and submit your resume in the designated area.
Kansas City Power and Light Company
1200 Main St
Alabama United States