Engineer I - Job ID 110160
Brief Description of Duties
- This position serves as a direct point of customer contact and initiates, processes, and follows up with customer's requests for service.
- This position utilizes effective project management, planning, and scheduling skills and uses good judgment in decision making to complete field observations, inspections, necessary right-of-way and easement documents, and notations necessary to complete detailed construction plans for construction, maintenance, removal and replacement work.
Education & Experience
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university (ABET) and typically possesses 0-2 years of engineering experience.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
Special Background, Experience
- In-depth knowledge of mapping, network design, standards, drafting, construction drawing and general system operations
- Knowledge of network operations procedures
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to obtain/negotiate necessary local, state & Federal permits for projects as required, including easement documents
- Must have good computer skills
- Ability to utilize a variety of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Effective project management, planning and scheduling skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work with and/or manage external audiences including city, township, county and state officials, as well as contractors and developers
- Understand customer value drivers
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgment in decision making
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Represent KCP&L at all times with impeccable honesty, integrity, and professionalism
NOTE: At this time applications are not being accepted via regular mail, fax, or e-mail. We are only accepting applications through this Website.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Kansas City Power & Light, a Great Plains Energy subsidiary, you must use this online application and submit your resume in the designated area.
Kansas City Power and Light Company
1200 Main St
Alabama United States