Supv - System Protection Engineering - Job ID 110197
Brief Description of Duties
- The duties will include providing leadership and direct daily supervision of the Relay Engineering staff and providing support for the Substation and Relay Construction and Maintenance Departments.
- Responsible for monitoring, reviewing, providing input on and maintaining compliance for NERC PRC standards and will be the subject matter expert for applicable audits
Education & Experience
This position requires a Bachelor Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineer and 8 years minimum previous experience in System Protection Engineering.
- Prior experience with transmission system protection systems and schemes.
- Experience with relay and control schemes, schematics and connection diagrams, specifying and evaluating electrical equipment, project management, and field testing is required.
- Detailed knowledge of NERC PRC standards.
- Knowledge of per unit calculations. Understanding of schematic, wiring, and logic diagrams.
- Knowledge of Generation, Transmission and Distribution system relays.
- Experience using PSSE or ASPEN One-Liner.
- Experience utilizing communication relay schemes such as directional carrier blocking and permissive overreach transfer trip.
- Professional Engineer license
Special Background, Experience
- Previous direct daily supervision of an Engineering staff is preferred.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent analytical and mathematical skills, and oral and written communication skills.
NOTE: At this time applications are not being accepted via regular mail, fax, or e-mail. We are only accepting applications through this Website.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Kansas City Power & Light, a Great Plains Energy subsidiary, you must use this online application and submit your resume in the designated area.
Kansas City Power and Light Company
1200 Main St
Alabama United States