Unix Systems Administrator II/III - Job ID 110207
Brief Description of Duties
- Install, support and administer Linux and Unix operating systems, servers and associated infrastructure including chassis, storage network, IP network interfaces, storage devices and backup devices.
- Participate in process design and reviews.
- Follow procedures to ensure compliance with NERC/CIP and SOX.
- Participate in application design, assist and support teams in implementing applications third party and in-house
- Monitor performance, availability and recoverability and provide 24x7 support as needed.
Education & Experience
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field.
- 4+ Years Linux (RHEL or OEL preferred) and/or HPUX administration in a business application support environment. 24x7 production environment experience.
- Exceptional candidates with skills equivalent to four years experience considered.
Special Background, Experience
- Experience with one or more the following products is highly preferred.
- Symantec Netbackup, Oracle Database, Brocade SAN, VMWare, HP Hardware (blades and chassis)
- Self-starting individual strongly desired, project management and documentation aptitude a plus.
NOTE: At this time applications are not being accepted via regular mail, fax, or e-mail. We are only accepting applications through this Website.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Kansas City Power & Light, a Great Plains Energy subsidiary, you must use this online application and submit your resume in the designated area
Kansas City Power and Light Company
1200 Main St
Alabama United States