TECO Energy Inc. is an energy-related holding company based in Tampa, FL. In addition to the regulated Tampa Electric and Peoples Gas operations in Florida, the company is also engaged in coal mining in Kentucky.
TECO Energy offers exciting career opportunities for energetic people. If you're seeking to join an organization with purpose, vision and an outstanding benefits package, consider some of the current opportunities available at TECO Energy. Our goal is to recruit and retain the best talent possible. Our culture values Safety, Integrity, Respect and Concern for Others, Achievement with a Sense of Urgency and Customer Service.
This position is responsible for the electrical maintenance and repairs of the Big Bend generating units, to include the FGD systems, Coal Field, and auxiliary systems. Responsibilities include troubleshooting electrical problems, preventive, predictive and repair maintenance. Normal work schedule is an 8-hour, up to 12-hour shift which includes days, afternoons, nights and weekend work schedules. Training will be provided in Safety which will require selected individuals to use personal respiratory protection equipment and abide by all Safety and Hazardous Energy Control Procedures. Overtime work will be required as needed by plant conditions.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Valid HS diploma or GED.
- A minimum of four (4) years electrical maintenance journeyman experience in a large industrial complex.
- Experience must include maintaining and troubleshooting electrical and electronic equipment.
- Experience with the following equipment is required;
- 480/4160 volt motors & switch gear
- PLC controlled conveyor systems
- Batteries, battery chargers/inverters
- 120/240volt single phase lighting/power systems
- Schematic, one line/wiring diagram interpretation
- AC/DC distribution systems
- AC/DC variable speed drives
- Must be physically capable of working heavy labor in an industrial plant;
- Must wear respiratory protection devices to include: half-face air purifying respirator, full face ai r purifying respirator, SCBA and supplied air respirator;
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, lift up to 50 pounds on occasions and sometimes work in humid and hot, noisy power plant environment.
- The applicant will be required to pass an annual OSHA required respiratory clearance which includes a pulmonary function test and medical questionnaire.
****Must successfully complete a Baseline Physical + Respirator Medical Exam.******
The starting wage on this position is $31.67/hour.
***Applicants will be asked to pass a written and hands-on skills test in Tampa, FL before being invited to interview.***
TECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at TECO Energy will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
TECO Energy, Inc.
702 N Franklin St
Florida United States