Cloud Architect - Requisition Number: SCS2003978
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
End of contest: June 6, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
The Southern Company Cloud Architect will primarily be responsible for helping set the overall private cloud strategy at Southern Company, developing an RFP for Data Center Hardware Integrated Systems and the appropriate Management/Orchestration Tools, thought leadership on the overall support model and ultimately the implementation/engineering of an internal private cloud.
- Responsible for strategic and tactical plans and engineering designs for the internal private cloud (hybrid, public cloud offerings in scope as well).
- Responsible for rolling out the Automation/Orchestration Management Tools which should include/interface with a Self Service Portal and a Service Catalog.
- Responsible for assisting in the management and prioritization of an annual Systems Engineering functional and capital budgets for systems improvements in concert with related systems planning, business case development and engineering design.
- Responsible for development and compliance of engineering standards including documentation, product, lifecycle plans, and design packages.
- Responsible for coordinating supplemental engineering service providers and/or contractors performing engineering design for systems projects.
- Responsible for providing third-level maintenance (reactive, preventative, and quality assurance) support as well as backup maintenance /installation coverage related to the private cloud infrastructure at specific Southern Company locations.
- Experience providing design and support for Private Cloud infrastructure.
- Strong experience and knowledge of x86 server hardware platforms and other components (CPU, memory, clusters, storage area networks, disk and tape arrays).
- Strong experience and knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V virtualization platforms.
- Strong experience and knowledge of server operating systems (Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Red Hat Linux (RHEL), Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL)).
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DFS, WINS, DNS, DHCP.
- Knowledge of security policies (Local and Group Policies).
- Working knowledge of Oracle and SQL Databases.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Windows software roles, features and other components
- (IIS Web Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Cluster Administrator, Network TCP/IP Properties).
- Experience and knowledge of Server Performance and Capacity Planning tools
- (eHealth Performance Reporting, Task Manager, Windows Explorer, etc.).
- Storage Infrastructure experience (SAN, NAS, DAS) and back-up technologies.
- Firewall rule management as related to the application workloads.
- Knowledge of Application n-Tier Architecture and Java and .NET runtimes.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with the ability to convey complex technical issues in business terms.
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage multiple project responsibilities simultaneously.
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to build relationships, to communicate and work with all levels of management, vendors, and other internal and external groups and customers and exhibit positive influence at all levels.
- Strategic thinker that can embrace, influence, and lead change.
- Ability to provide and accept feedback.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (preferred); Computer Science, MIS, or technical degree in Computer Science or related technology is acceptable
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of Systems Engineering Experience (servers, storage, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years of Cloud Experience.
- Experience with Data Center Hardware Integrated Systems.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) concepts and architectures.
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) concepts and architectures.
- Experience with Cloud Automation/Orchestration Management Tools.
- Experience working with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) environments.
- Experience with Cisco network infrastructure a plus.
- Experience with Cisco and Checkpoint Firewalls a plus.
30 Ivan Allen Jr Blvd NW
Georgia United States