System Protection & Control Tech - 119449
Location: United States, Florida, Lake Buena Vista
End of contest: May 31, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
Review construction prints, make corrections as needed, confirm schemes will function properly. Work with the Relay Design Engineer to resolve any problemswith the protection and control schemes.
- Review all settings as issued. Working with the Relay Settings Engineer, resolve all problems with the logic and protection settings.
- Review the SCADA point assignment sheet as issued by the Energy Control Center. Work with the Senior Engineering Technical Support Specialist to resolve any conflicts between the relay logic settings and the RTU (remote tenninal unit) settings and any other supervisory control issues.
- Oversee the inventory of all relay material issued to the project. Order all missing items through the Material Coordinator.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the mounting and wiring of relays, cabling from panel to panel, and terminating of all cables by electricians. As well as, aJllow voltage wiring of high voltage equipment, as wired by others. Quality control is provided at the time of this construction, by the System Protection and Control Technician.
- Provide on site support to other departments (Substation, Production. Telecomm, etc... ), such as proper direction and placement of high voltage circuit breakers.
- Review and correct as needed, the Substation Operating Instructions as issued by Relay Engineering personnel.
- Coordinate with others to schedule and sequence each phase of the project. Provide protection to all equipment throughout the duration of the project. Thismay require temporary settings, wiring, etc...
- Test CT's of high voltage equipment for ratio. polarity, saturation and megger.
- Apply settings and calibrate all relays.
- Create and install proper labeling to all panels. Order labels for exterior junction boxes and switch handles.
- Verify proper wiring of all Potential and Current circuits from the instrument transformer to the end element device.
- Test all apparatus such as sudden pressure, line tuner, wave traps. etc.
- Verify transfonner and breaker alanns function properly from the equipment tenninal blocks, into the control house. Check for local indication, as well as, to the Energy Control Center
- Functional test all relay and control circuits to verify proper operation during simulated fault conditions.
- Confinn proper operation of all new equipment via SCADA by working with System Protection and Control Technicians at the Energy Control Center.
- Write functional guidelines
- Coordinate and schedule with Dispatchers and Substation Construction personnel to energize new equipment.
- When equipment is energized for the first time, perfonn or confinn phasing of new Jines or equipment.
- Take In-Service readings of all new equipment as load is first applied.
- Leave a complete corrected set of relay drawings at the Substation. Turn in a corrected set of drawings to Relay Design for redrafting.
- Sign and turn in all documents (settings, in-service sheets, CTR sheets, substation operating instructions, point assignment sheets) to the appropriate person.
- Schedule a meeting with maintenance personnel to infonn them of new equipment, schemes, and answer any questions they may have.
- Schedule a meeting with the project engineers, if needed, to go over lessons learned.
- Oversee the documenting of all excess items and schedule a pick up of this excess material to be returned to the storeroom for credit.
- High school diploma or GED and 5+ years protective relay technician level background in distribution, transmission, and generation protective relaying and SCADA maintenance, installation, and troubleshooting is required.
- Technician Operation Selection System (TECH) aptitude testing is required for this position.
- The duties of this position include substantial operation of a motor vehicle. Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record are required.
- Two-year technical degree or completion of apprentice program is highly desirable
526 S Church St
North Carolina United States