Information Systems Support Analyst II
East Bay Municipal Utility District
Location: United States, California, Oakland
End of contest: May 23, 2014 before 4:30 pm Pa hrs
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
The Information Systems Support Analyst II (ISSA) provides support to East Bay Municipal Utility District's (EBMUD's) website workgroup. The ISSA's duties include working with internal and external users and stakeholders to research, plan, advise on, document, implement, train in and maintain EBMUD's internal and external facing web properties.
- Researching and implementing complex web applications for new or changed functionality
- Providing support for all web related functions
- Monitoring systems performance, problems and usage; alerting, responding to and documenting issues and data found
- Assisting workgroup to define needs and desired enhancements for all web applications
- Acting as a liaison between non-technical users and other technical implementers
- Developing and implementing testing plans for all web applications and sites
- Assisting in overall project planning and prioritizing
- Researching and advising on the feasibility and potential impact of alternative technology choices
- Preparing training materials and training staff.
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Cross browser issues and fixes
- Relational database use
- Web functional testing
- Version control
- Content Management System workflow
- Best Practices for User Interaction and User Interface Design.
- Understand, configure and troubleshoot complex web applications
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Rapidly learn the specific business procedures, technological tools and languages used in the organization
- Meet deadlines and coordinate activities with various people and groups
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with EBMUD staff throughout the organization
- Understand MCV development
- Debug web pages and web applications
- Use Word and Excel.
A typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is:
1. A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, information processing, computer science, or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
2a. Two years of programming, systems analysis or other related technically based computer support experience for a business information system OR
2b. Two years of experience providing operational, maintenance, and/or systems administration support for business information applications.
Must possess the physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the job including ability to sit and use a PC for prolonged periods. Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Salary & Benefits
Our excellent benefits package includes:
- 12 days paid vacation; 15 holidays; 13 days paid sick leave;
- Family health insurance (choice of Kaiser fully paid or Health Net or Anthem Blue Cross 85% paid);
- Fully paid family dental and vision care plans; life insurance; long-term disability insurance;
- EBMUD Retirement Plan (reciprocal with CalPERS);
- $905/yr. contributed to flexible spending account or cash;
- $105/mo. public transit subsidy;
- 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; Roth 401(k);
- $3,500/yr. tuition reimbursement;
- And opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
The Selection Process:
- Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com by 4:30 p.m., Friday, May 23, 2014. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
- All qualified applications and supplemental responses will be competitively evaluated, with those candidates demonstrating the strongest qualifications for the position to be invited to a panel interview expected to be held in June 2014.
- Successful candidates will be ranked on a hiring list for further consideration to fill the current regular vacancy, as well as others occurring over the next 12 to 24 months.
As the first step in the selection process, responses to the supplemental questions must be submitted online with the regular EBMUD application. Please provide thorough, accurate descriptions of assignments you have personally performed.
East Bay Municipal Utility District
375 11th St
California United States