Wastewater Treatment Electrician 5615
City of Los Angeles / Human Relations Commission
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
End of contest: June 30, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
A Wastewater Treatment Electrician performs skilled electrical work in the installation, maintenance, overhaul, repair, and testing of power generating and distribution equipment, rotating equipment and their associated digital and analog controls including micro-processor based controls, devices and systems; utility protective relays and controls; fiber optic cable, terminations and devices; communications and signaling systems; standby and emergency power sources, and other electrical equipment found in wastewater collection and treatment facilities; and may serve as a lead worker for other employees engaged in this work.
NOTE: A Wastewater Treatment Electrician may be required to work nights and/or weekends.
- Completion of a recognized five-year electrical apprenticeship program and submission of an apprenticeship certificate; or
- Three years of full-time paid experience as an electrician which provides experience in the installation and/or maintenance of industrial electrical circuits and equipment, including large power transformers, power circuit breakers; SF6 gas insulated switchgear, or diesel powered electrical generating equipment; or
- Five years of full-time paid experience as an Electrical Craft Helper with the City of Los Angeles assisting a Wastewater Treatment Electrician, Electrician, or Electrical Mechanic performing the duties as described in Requirement #2. (In the application, candidates must identify which classification they assisted as an Electrical Craft Helper); or
- An Associate of Science degree or a Certificate of Completion in Electrical Technology from a recognized community college or trade school and one year of full-time paid experience performing the duties as described in Requirement #2; or
- Three years of full-time paid experience as an Electrical Mechanic with the City of Los Angeles.
Candidates filing under Requirement #1 must submit a copy of the electrical apprenticeship certificate prior to certification. Only those candidates who submit their certificates can be certified in order of standing on the eligible list to fill existing vacancies. The certificate may be attached to the on-line application at the time of filing; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Certification - Wastewater Treatment Electrician 5615'; or mailed to: Personnel Department, 700 E. Temple Street, Room 235, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $80,346.00 - $88,322.00 Annually
There are many things to consider in a new employer. Visit the following webpage to view benefits the City of Los Angeles offers its employees: http://www.lacity.org/PER/whycity.htm
WHERE TO APPLY & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Applications will only be accepted on-line. When you are viewing the on-line job bulletin of your choice, simply scroll to the top of the page and select the 'Apply' icon. On-line job bulletins are also available at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/lacity/default.cfm for Open Competitive Examinations and at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/lacity/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1 for Promotional Examinations.
- Applicants are urged to apply early to ensure you have time to resolve any technical issues you may encounter.
- All application materials must be complete at the time of filing for you to be considered a candidate in this examination.
- The written test for Wastewater Treatment Electrician will be held on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month.
- Candidates whose City applications are received and approved by the 1st Thursday of the month will be scheduled to take the written test on the 3rd Saturday of the month.
- Candidates whose City applications are received and approved by the 3rd Thursday of the month will be scheduled to take the written test on the 1st Saturday of the following month.
Examination Weight: Written Test . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .100%
If you receive and accept an offer of employment to a regular position with the City of Los Angeles, your employee benefit coverage (including health and dental coverage as well as life insurance) will commence approximately six weeks after your original regular appointment. Not all positions in the City receive benefit coverage; you should inquire regarding the availability of employee benefits prior to accepting a position.