Resource Operations Analyst / Senior Resource Operations Analyst-140450
Location: United States, Oregon, Portland
End of contest: June 6, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
Provides general operating guidance to staff and field control operators as required for resource operations, water management, generation schedules and generation planning. Primary responsibility is to ensure consistent and reliable planning and scheduling of the company's generation assets capacity and energy.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Develop operating plans to effectively manage water supply to satisfy all multi-use objectives.
- Responsible for fulfilling PacifiCorp's resource stewardship commitment to the environment and license compliance.
- Perform routine water balance and scheduling calculations related to water management, environmental and recreation objectives.
- Provide general resource operations and/or water management guidance to business unit staff, field, and union personnel, both internal and external to PacifiCorp related to hydro generation and project operations to ensure delivery of production plans and operational modifications.
- Provide technical operational and hydrologic support for project licensing efforts.
- Proactively seek and plan optimal maintenance and outage planning strategies.
- Prepare seasonal water supply forecasts as required for near term and long term hydro operations planning.
- On call 24 hours for generation and water management assistance to hydro resource and field operations personnel.
In addition to the above, Senior level will include the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical flood control operations guidance to control operators and staff and compliance liaison.
- Development of environmental policy strategy, to actively engage internal and external water and environmental stakeholders as required for effective water management and environmental decisions.
- Prepare long term operating plans and direction for hydro position forecasting that achieves system and financial objectives for the company.
- Manage the hydro book activities in order to maximize the value of hydro resource flexibility. Balance hydro availability and related uncertainty with market trading opportunities.
Qualifications for this position include the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Mathematics, Hydrology or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of water management, power system operations, and/or environmental management.
- Demonstrated professional experience in business and/or economics.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to provide concise understanding and support for actions to field staff and union personnel.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel, and Word applications.
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of mathematic applications, information management and data analysis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a diverse team atmosphere
In addition to the above, candidates may be considered for a Senior level position if they also meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of five years of water management, power system operations, and/or environmental management.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in business and/or economics.
- Minimum of three years of experience in physical processes related to weather and stream flow processes.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements and have the following:
- Understanding of Company policies practices procedures, applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Understanding of the WECC transmission grid, power plants, market hubs, and interchange points between companies.
- Working knowledge of hydrology and water management strategies.
- Working knowledge of water supply forecasting techniques.
- Working knowledge of environmental issues related to rivers.
- Working knowledge of resource optimization strategies and modeling.
- Working knowledge of hydroelectric facilities and power system operations.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct and different perspectives our employees bring to the table. We consistently strive to weave diversity into the fabric of everything we do.
PacifiCorp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
825 NE Multnomah
Oregon United States