The LFET serves as the main point of contact to customers, governmental agencies, TEC departments and contractors, while overseeing construction and in verifying that customer requirements are met throughout the project.
The LFET processes work requests in TEC's work management system ("WMS"), determines customer requirements, completes designs and distribution map maintenance in TEC's geographical interface system ("GIS"), calculates estimates, obtains necessary work permits and coordinates activities with TEC departments and contractors to ensure in the successful scheduling and completion of projects.
Works under direct supervision on routine assignments with projects of smaller scope and minimal complexity, follows established policies, methods and standards.
- Access and inspect energized equipment, with weight up to 35 lbs.
- Although this position is located at Central Service Area, this is subject to change based on business need. The department has staff with reporting locations at six of seven Service Areas.
- Will require meeting with customers in the field, as well as extensive hours in office environment completing lighting designs and GIS map maintenance.
- Valid FL Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Must be able to safely perform the following: Access and drive Company pick-up truck.
PHYSICAL: Successfully pass a baseline physical for ED.
Successfully complete the OTB (Occupational Test Battery Test)
EDUCATION, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Degree must be from an institution accredited by the Commissions on Colleges
Required: High School diploma or valid GED
Preferred: College degree from an accredited college
****College degree may be considered in lieu of some of the comparable direct/related experience listed.*****
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 years of related experience. Related experience includes Distribution Design Technician, Drafter, Journeyman Lineman, Lighting Repairman, Senior Service Area Representative, Electrical Contractors, and Electricians
- Procedural understanding necessary in creating, interpreting and/or processing of work orders for customer construction projects.
- Solid communication and other interpersonal skills are required to effectively relate to customers, team members, and contractors.
- Must complete TEC Safety Training, including safely accessing and inspecting energized equipment and obtain MOT (Maintenance of Traffic) certification during first year as a LFET.
- Work in construction environment with varied terrain, conducting site inspections, installation of construction stakes and measuring off distances used to determine estimates.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous knowledge and/or proficiency with utility industry software including, but not limited to: Lite Prop, WMS, GIS, Pole Foreman, CIS, Distribution Engineering Toolkit, AutoCAD, Visual & Visio.
- In addition, General Rules and Specifications, Approved Materials catalog, Assembly User Manual, Distribution Engineering Technical Manual, Standard Electrical Service Requirements, IES Manual.
It is possible to bring someone in as a Sr. Lighting FET, but only if they have the following required experience:
A minimum of 3 years of directly equivalent distribution and lighting design experience with another utility or with TECO. Applicant also must have completed Distribution Design Technician Training Levels I through V.
DIMENSIONS: Ownership & Excellence, Teamwork, Customer Service Orientation, Planning and Organization, Judgment, Communication/Presentation Skills
The salary range on this position typically ranges from $45,369.00 to $56,711.00 and is commensurate with skills, experience, and education