Human Resources Business Partner (Job: H2014-06)
Hawaii Electric Light
Location: United States, Hawaii, Hilo
End of contest: May 18, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
Plans, implements, coordinates and administers policies, programs and issues including, but not limited to, employment, training and development, EEO/AAP, employee relations, and policy administration.
The Human Resources division of the Administration department at Hawai`i Electric Light has one (1) Management vacancy available. (Role: Professional)
- Provides comprehensive recruitment services to the Company for all regular and temporary job vacancies; ensuring compliance with all applicable employment and EEO laws/regulations and adhering to the Company's AAP. Maintains and updates recruitment records and ensures compliance with Company's records management policy.
- Advises internal customers on employee matters and ensures compliance with all applicable collective bargaining, company, legal and regulatory requirements. Represents the Company at unemployment and EEO/HCRC hearings and other proceedings as necessary.
- Administers the Company's rules and regulations included in the Collective Bargaining Agreement, General Information Manual, Official Notice of Discipline and Corporate Code of Conduct. Investigates incidents, reports findings and recommends action where appropriate. Provides interpretation and counseling to managers, supervisors and employees.
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and County laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures contained in such documents as the Collective Bargaining Agreement, General Information Manual, Accident Prevention Manual, Corporate Code of Conduct, Official Notice of Discipline, EEO Policy, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, policies and principles of Human Resources Administration.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and the mainframe systems and software applications including spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or higher preferred.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups dealing with sensitive, difficult or confrontational issues. Ability to handle confidential matters and material discreetly and professionally.
- Demonstrated leadership and flexibility in interpersonal style, and ability to influence and persuade various groups or individuals, frequently dealing with sensitive issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and persuade various groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to remain cool under pressure, be flexible in a demanding work environment, manage multiple priorities, and to exceed goals successfully.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Strong investigative and documentation skills with the ability to assess issues and situations from a critical and logical viewpoint.
- Must have or be able to qualify for State of Hawaii driver's license and HELCO driver's license in order to administer recruitment and training services, and meet with employees in other work locations.
- Ability to proficiently use personal computers and other office equipment.
- Demonstrated in-depth analytical and administrative skills required for such tasks as preparing, monitoring and analyzing forecast and carrying out Company/Departmental policies and procedures.
- Strong commitment to, and demonstration of, high morale conduct and behavior.
- Multiple years (5-7) of experience in Human Resources functions as a generalist with a preferred emphasis on experience in a utility environment.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with union contracts and language as well as handling EEOC complaints and related issues.
How To Apply
ALL OTHER APPLICANTS interested in this vacancy and who meet the minimum requirements should apply at: www.hawaiielectriclight.com and submit their resume with the completed application deadline May 18, 2014. Submittal of an application or resume for the position:
- Authorizes Hawai`i Electric Light to share any and all information regarding previous or present employment, educational training or personal information from their records and from any other source with the hiring department or subsidiary company;
- Releases and waivers Hawai'i Electric Light from any and all liability for any damage which may be claimed as a result of furnishing such information to the hiring department or subsidiary company; and 3. Authorizes release and transfer of all personnel records to be maintained by the hiring company in the event of an inter-company transfer.
NOTE: a) To the extent permitted by law, Hawai`i Electric Light may conduct a criminal conviction record inquiry for the past 10 years.b) Hawai`i Electric Light is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender/sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, arrest and cour record, sexual orientation, veteran status, domestic or sexual violence victim status, gender identity or expression, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws.c) If you have any questions or require accommodations during the application process, please contact Hawaii Electric Light Company Human Resources office at (808) 969-0287 or (808) 969-0275. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Salary & Benefits
Number of Vacancies 1
Work Schedule MONDAY - FRIDAY
Work Hours 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Lunch (Minutes) 30
Primary Work Location HILO