SM, Project Controls - 50694077
Bruce Power Inc.
Location: Canada, Ontario,
End of contest: June 13, 2014
Type (Full time / Part time):
We seek to enhance our team through the recruitment of a full time permanent experienced high potential individual to the role of Section Manager, Project Controls, Risk Management.
The Section Manager supports the Project teams by managing the development, coordination and implementation of comprehensive planning & scheduling, cost and risk management processes, tools and methodologies for large-scale multi million dollar projects.
- Coordinates the activities of the Project Controls, specifically risk management section to assure steady workflow, maximum production, compliance with deadlines, and efficiency of operations.
- Implements goals, objectives and operating procedures for the section, and ensures they are properly implemented and integrated with other PMC Group departments. Monitors and evaluates the success of the strategies employed within the section to ensure that the strategies are in keeping with original goals and plans.
- Advises Project managers on the required risk management planning requirements, including completing risk analysis on projects, programs and portfolios.
- Assigns appropriate qualified Project Controls staff to projects as required supporting project delivery. If resources are contracted, assumes an oversight role to ensure the contractor provides quality services and/or qualified personnel.
- Establishes work priorities, assigns workloads and reviews the more difficult and complex assignments ensuring the staff has a full understanding of what is required.
- Guides and coaches staff on how to proceed when problems are encountered to ensure that they are resolved promptly and that any decisions and initiatives are in line with PMC goals and strategies.
- Promotes a work environment characterized by innovation, creativity, teamwork, transparency, integrity and respect and works with the project teams in developing processes that produce consistent, high-quality project outcomes. Promotes a 'learning environment' and works through the Management team to foster this culture.
- Attracts, develops, coaches, manages and retains qualified high-performance persons that meet the requirements of PMC Group. Assumes accountability for ensuring the people within the Project Controls section are provided with regular and appropriate performance and developmental feedback, and are given developmental opportunities, both within and beyond the team. Ensures that team members maintain required qualifications and certifications.
Developing Risk Management Plans
- Implements, maintains and ensures compliance with policies, plans, processes, and procedures related to risk management. Produces metrics to monitor risk quality and initiate corrective actions if required.
- Develop and implement a risk management approach to support the delivery of projects, to capture risk at the project and program level
- Provide analysis support to develop risk profiles for project and program level analysis
- Guides the creation, maintenance, and reporting of the PMC projects.
- Manages the standardization and implementation of project processes including risk management and analysis.
Implementing Project Cost Processes
- Promotes adherence to cost management guidelines, procedures, business processes, systems and tools that enable the accurate and efficient evaluation of project performance including earned value, SPI, CPI, etc.
- Oversees the maintenance of the project controls systems which record and update budgets, contract commitments, actual costs from invoices and forecasts into the cost control system database for the project.
- Oversees the development, maintenance of Risk management processes and procedures
- Ensures alignment between Project Plans, Schedules, Estimates, Risk Registers and other project documentation.
- Assures Project Teams perform required process with expectations of level of quality including: Schedule Updates, Accruals, Risk Register updates, Change Control and others.
Monitoring, Analysis & Reporting Project Performance
- Coordinates and monitors Project Cost Management activities and implements required resources and systems to ensure availability of timely, accurate cost information and forecasts. Promotes adequate monitoring, analysis and forecasting for all cost elements on the project, including trends and changes.
- Monitors, evaluates, project teams for performance against expectations and procedures.
- Supports development of standard reports to include: cost financial analysis and forecasts, cash flows, contingency/management reserve rundown/trends, plus project risk assessments impacting schedule and cost.
- Promotes adherence to the standardized PMC cost management processes and procedures and monitors to ensure compliance. Provides training and mentoring where appropriate.
- Performs periodic project audits to ensure accurate reporting by the project team. This audit function may entail a detailed site review and verification.
- Performs monthly trend management assessments against projects in scope, schedule, cost, risk and change.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extension knowledge of Earned Value Management Techniques, Change and Risk Management Processes.
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment.
- An individual who is able to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting project managers with effective interaction with customers, 3rd party engineering consultants, contractors, suppliers, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge regarding use and capabilities of risk and project software applications.
Education and Experience:
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University in a Bachelor of Business Management, Project Management or relevant technical areas; the equivalent of work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of a University Degree.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years of progressive management experience in a relevant field which will include a minimum of 5 years of experience within risk management as a risk coordinator on large capital projects and programs.
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $95,000 - $145,000
Situated in Tiverton, Ontario on the Lake Huron shoreline between the towns of Kincardine and Saugeen Shores, Bruce Power offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and a rare opportunity to balance both lifestyle and career development.
We offer world class technology with small town living, and Bruce County is a wonderful place to work, play and raise a family. Bruce Power offers a competitive compensation package and a rare opportunity to balance both lifestyle and career development.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bruce Power is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Bruce Power Inc.
177 Tie Rd - RR2