February 11, 2014
The Dayton Power and Light Company Foundation is presenting its first annual Signature Grants to six Miami Valley organizations.
The Signature Grants are designed to support new or innovative programs by our community partners. Each Signature Grant is a one-year grant. The DP&L Foundation expects to award at least two signature grants - one for the $100,000 and one for $50,000 - each year.
The Signature Grants are part of 69 Community Grants totaling more than $1.5 million awarded to organizations at the end of 2013 by the DP&L Foundation.
'The Signature Grants support DP&L's philosophy of making a difference for our customers and the communities we serve,' said DP&L President Derek A. Porter. 'The Dayton Power and Light Company Foundation makes competitive grants to organizations that enhance the quality of life through economic development, arts and culture and health and human services.'
More than 200 DPL employees also volunteer their time and talents in community organizations each year.
The recipients of the 2013 Dayton Power and Light Company Foundation Signature Grants are:
- American Red Cross Dayton Area - $60,000 to support disaster relief services in the Dayton, Northern Miami Valley, Clinton County and Mason County Kentucky areas.
- Dayton Children's Hospital - $50,000 to fund programs to provide car seats and bike helmets to the community and mobile sanitation stations for the safety of hospital staffers and patients.
- Culture Works - $50,000 to help fund the new Power2give online contribution program.
- Habitat for Humanity - $50,000 to help fund new building renovations and increase annual home construction.
- K-12 Gallery for Young People - a $120,000 grant to fund a new building renovation and to support youth educational programs.
- United Way of the Greater Dayton Area - $150,000 to support the 24/7/365 Fund.
'The Dayton Power and Light Company Foundation Board created the Signature Grant program to make a significant impact in a program with community partners that share our goal of supporting the Miami Valley,' said Foundation Board Chairman Tim Rice.
Since the Dayton Power and Light Company Foundation was founded in 1985, it has awarded in excess of $31 million in grants.
For more information :
Dayton Power and Light Company
United States, 45401-1247
Dayton Power and Light Company Foundation
Tel: DPL Medialine 937-224-5940