February 27, 2014
The province has announced the six winners of the Energy Apps for Ontario Challenge. The innovative new apps will help Ontario families and businesses better understand and manage their electricity use.
The award winners are:
- Gold Award and People's Choice: Wattson was the favourite of the judges and online voters. This app provides users with a personal Energy Butler, who tracks electricity use to find savings and shows users how their daily actions affect their overall consumption.
- Silver Award: Beckon helps users track their electricity use and spending, and allows users to set spending reminders and time-of-use alerts.
- Bronze Award: Energy Tipper uses creative photos to remind users about time of use pricing. These friendly reminders are a great way for consumers to engage with their energy usage.
- Best Student App: Wattermelon lets consumers anonymously compare their electricity use with their neighbours. Users can create personal goals and collect points for reducing electricity use.
- Best App Created Outside of Ontario: UnPlug Stuff helps users find ways to reduce their electricity use by identifying phantom power in their home. Phantom power is electricity used by electronic devices that are plugged in but not in use.
Click here to view the full press release.
For more information :