May 28, 2014
SunEdison (NYSE: SUNE), a leading solar technology manufacturer and provider of solar energy services, introduced the SunEdison Silvantis R-series solar module. The SunEdison Silvantis R-series increases solar module efficiency via Passivated Emitter and Rear Cell (PERC) technology, for higher power output and maximum durability.
"PERC technology delivers more than 10 extra watts of power per module," said Dave Ranhoff, President of Solar Materials at SunEdison. "The R-series modules capture the maximum amount of energy in a given area and deliver better solar system economics."
The new modules also go well beyond the industry standard for potential induced degradation (PID) resistance. The SunEdison Silvantis R-series is warranted for operation with high efficiency transformerless inverters and has been thoroughly tested beyond standard PID certification conditions.
Ranhoff stated: "The majority of the solar modules we manufacture are used in SunEdison-owned systems--the success of these projects depends upon the performance of the solar module. The new R-series modules are built to deliver outstanding performance and durability through the 25-year or more life of a solar system."
The Silvantis R-series solar modules deliver the following features and benefits:
- PERC technology delivers increased module efficiency--up to 17.4%
- Guaranteed power performance
- PID-free modules are fully warranted for operation with all inverter
- types, including transformerless inverters
- 25-year product and power warranty Available in 60-cell and 72-cell formats, the new R-series modules from SunEdison offer utility-grade products for residential, commercial, and utility-scale solar. The higher power output of the R-series lowers installation costs and captures the maximum amount of energy from a given area. For more information on the R-series module line visit www.sunedison.com/rseries.
SunEdison is a global leader in transforming how energy is generated, distributed and owned. SunEdison manufactures solar technology and develops, finances, installs and operates distributed solar power plants, delivering predictably priced electricity and services to its residential, commercial, government and utility customers. SunEdison also provides 24/7 asset management, monitoring and reporting services for hundreds of solar systems worldwide via the company's Renewable Operation Center (ROC). SunEdison has offices in North America, Europe, Africa, India and Asia. SunEdison's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "SUNE."
For more information :
12500 Baltimore Ave
United States, 20705
Contact person: Chris Chaney, Investors/Analysts Contact
Tel: (636) 474-5226
Contact person: Mark Sutherland
Elasticity for SunEdison
Tel: (314) 913-0674
Contact person: Gordon Handelsman
Tel: +1 650-632-6120