July 9, 2014
Avista Utilities, the regulated utility business of Avista Corp. (NYSE: AVA), has released "125 Years of Shared Value," its 2014 corporate responsibility and sustainability report. This is the sixth report on Avista's operations. The content builds on the G-3 and Electric Utility Supplement guidelines of the international Global Reporting Initiative.
"During a time when the utility industry is changing and evolving, our stakeholders want a transparent view into our business. That's why this report provides a comprehensive look at our operations and highlights those areas our stakeholders have told us they care about most," said Dennis Vermillion, president of Avista Utilities. "We've made efforts to make this information easily accessible and relevant so readers can understand the utility and our approach to creating shared value for those that we serve and our business."
The 2014 report debuts icons that denote information Avista stakeholders have indicated is material to them. These icons are visible throughout the report and can guide the reader to the information they are interested in.
Key highlights of the report include:
- Increased focus on material information and materiality icons placed throughout the report
- Emphasis on careers in energy and outreach efforts to build the future workforce for the energy industry
- Investments in our diversified resource mix with the Palouse Wind Project
- Investments in reliability and grid modernization that have shown their value in a real outage situation
- Implemented an innovative technique for repairs to natural gas lines that can be more efficient for the utility and customers
- A streamlined Supplier Relationship Management program
- A proactive approach to removing PCBs from electrical equipment in a manner that is protecting the environment while aligning with utility and customer needs
- Implementation of the Energy Resource Van that is a mobile resource and brings energy information and assistance to some of our most vulnerable customers
- The Shared Value Report is published online for convenient viewing at avistautilities.com, key word: Shared Value.
Avista Corp. is an energy company involved in the production, transmission and distribution of energy as well as other energy-related businesses. Avista Utilities is our operating division that provides electric service to 367,000 customers and natural gas to 326,000 customers. Our service territory covers 30,000 square miles in eastern Washington, northern Idaho and parts of southern and eastern Oregon, with a population of 1.5 million. Alaska Energy and Resources Company is an Avista subsidiary that provides retail electric service in the city and borough of Juneau, Alaska, through its subsidiary Alaska Electric Light and Power Company. Our stock is traded under the ticker symbol "AVA."
For more information :