Public Service Company of Oklahoma
Tulsa Nonprofits Receive Grants from American Electric Power Foundation
Six Tulsa nonprofit organizations are this month receiving grants totaling $230,000 from the American Electric Power Foundation to help address education and human needs of area residents. Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO), an electric utility subsidiary of American Electric Power, helped secure the grants.
AEP Foundation grant recipients are Teach for America, Inc., Philbrook Museum of Art, Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma, Youth Services of Tulsa, The Little Light House, Inc., and Rebuilding Together Tulsa.
"On behalf of PSO and the AEP Foundation, it's our honor to support these outstanding nonprofit organizations and their missions to serve the Tulsa area," said John Harper, PSO vice president for external affairs. "The AEP Foundation and PSO provide charitable donations to address education and human services in Tulsa and all the communities we serve to improve the quality of life for our customers."
The AEP Foundation grants will support a specific program at each recipient's organization.
- Teach for America - $50,000 for training and development of corps members (over two years).
- Philbrook Museum - $25,000 for the MyMuseum program for children and youth access to art education.
- Community Food Bank - $30,000 for the Food for Kids backpack program.
- Youth Services - $50,000 for homeless youth services (over two years).
- The Little Light House -- $25,000 for equipment needs of phase two of new building.
- Rebuilding Together Tulsa -- $50,000 for roof program for low-income elderly (over two years).
PSO, a unit of American Electric Power (NYSE: AEP), is an electric utility company serving more than 545,000 customers in eastern and southwestern Oklahoma. Based in Tulsa, PSO has nearly 3,800 megawatts of generating capacity and is one of the largest distributors of wind energy in the state. News releases and other information about PSO can be found at www.PSOklahoma.com.
For more information:
Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO)