CMS Energy Corporation
Consumers Energy Receives U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Recognition as ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year
Consumers Energy this morning (4/6) was again honored nationally for its excellence and commitment to energy efficiency with the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
"We work to provide energy efficiency solutions that have helped Michigan households and businesses to save over $1 billion on their monthly energy bills since 2009," said Ted Ykimoff, Consumers Energy's director of energy efficiency programs. "We are grateful to receive this honor and will continue to help our customers reduce their energy use."
This is the fourth time in five years that Consumers Energy has received an ENERGY STAR award, which recognizes businesses for their efforts to protect the environment through energy efficiency programs. Officials from Consumers Energy will receive the award April 26 in Washington, D.C.
Consumers Energy offers an array of energy efficiency programs that are available for homes and businesses. The energy provider also has carried out efforts that raise public awareness of reducing energy waste and make an impact in Michigan communities:
- Will provide up to 150,000 high-efficiency LED bulbs to Michigan families through food banks as part of its "Light the Moment with ENERGY STAR Buy a Bulb, Give a Bulb" campaign, which runs through April. For every LED bulb that's purchased at participating retailers, the energy provider will donate an LED bulb to food banks.
- Helped over 1,300 nonprofits and places of worship last year to reduce energy use, allowing them to save at least $1.5 million on their energy bills this year.
- Provided free energy efficiency upgrades to help 11 nonprofit organizations and municipalities in Jackson, Saginaw and other Michigan communities reduce their natural gas use.
Consumers Energy, Michigan's largest utility, is the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), providing natural gas and electricity to 6.7 million of the state's 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
About ENERGY STAR
- The 2017 Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Awards are given to a diverse set of organizations that have demonstrated continued leadership in energy efficiency.
- In 2015 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners saved American businesses and consumers $34 billion on their energy bills.
- For a complete list of 2017 winners, visit www.energystar.gov/awardwinners.
- ENERGY STAR has 16,000 partners working to protect the environment through greater energy efficiency, including manufacturers, retailers, public schools, hospitals, real estate companies and home builders.
- Since 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners have saved American families and businesses $430 billion on their energy bills while achieving broad emissions reductions including 2.8 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions.
For more information:
CMS Energy Corporation
1 Energy Plz
United States, 49201