Xcel Energy announces 2017 Energy Efficiency Awards Colorado businesses recognized for outstanding electricity and natural gas savings
Xcel Energy recognized 11 Colorado businesses for their outstanding efforts to save energy at its annual Energy Efficiency Customer Expo on April 4 at the PPA Events Center in Denver.
The awards honor commercial, industrial and small-business customers in Colorado for participating in Xcel Energy's 2016 energy efficiency programs.
These companies greatly lowered their energy costs and reduced their impact on the environment. Collectively, they saved more than 25 million kilowatt-hours of electricity in a 12-month period. In total, participating Colorado business customers saved 211 million kilowatt-hours of electricity in 2016, avoiding the production of an estimated 138,000 tons of carbon dioxide - the equivalent of keeping nearly 27,000 cars off of the roads for one year.
Xcel Energy offers incentives such as rebates and funding for energy efficiency studies to its business and municipal customers to encourage them to make energy-efficient choices. The 11 companies recognized chose more efficient equipment and processes for their facilities.
"More and more businesses are realizing the benefits of energy efficiency from cost-savings to helping meet environmental and sustainability goals," said Dan Nygaard, Xcel Energy vice president of Customer Solutions. "These awards are a way for us to recognize our business customers' accomplishments and allow them to share their success with their own employees and customers."
The 11 award recipients for efficiency are:
- All American Pet Proteins, LLC, Highest Percentage of Energy Savings at a Single Premises; 2.1 gigawatt-hours;
- Banner Health, Heating Efficiency Achievement Award; 19,445 therms;
- CenturyLink, Self-Direct Achievement Award; 3.2 gigawatt-hours;
- Climax Molybdenum Company, Process Efficiency Achievement Award; 2 gigawatt-hours;
- DEN Hotel and Transit Center, Energy Design Assistance Achievement Award; 2.1 gigawatt-hours;
- Fisher Auto - Honda & KIA, Small Business Lighting Efficiency Achievement Award; energy savings .88 gigawatt-hours;
- H5 Capital Denver, LLC, Data Center Efficiency Achievement Award; 3.3 gigawatt-hours;
- KeHE Distributors, Highest Energy Savings - Business Solutions Center; 1.2 gigawatt-hours;
- LivWell, Lighting Efficiency Achievement Award; energy savings of 2.9 gigawatt-hours;
- University of Colorado Denver, Energy Management Systems Achievement Award; 2.2 gigawatt-hours; and
- University of Colorado Denver, Highest Savings for Multiple Program Participation; 6.1 gigawatt-hours.
Xcel Energy's Energy Efficiency Customer Expo featured teams of energy experts from Xcel Energy and outside organizations providing business customers with energy-saving ideas and opportunities for rebates and energy efficiency study funding.
For more information on Xcel Energy's new and existing energy efficiency programs, visit www.xcelenergy.com.
About Xcel Energy
Xcel Energy (NYSE: XEL) provides the energy that powers millions of homes and businesses across eight Western and Midwestern states. Headquartered in Minneapolis, the company is an industry leader in responsibly reducing carbon emissions and producing and delivering clean energy solutions from a variety of renewable sources at competitive prices.
For more information:
Xcel Energy, Inc.
414 Nicollet Mall
United States, 55401